The Facebook cover photo is one of the more important areas of real estate on your page. It’s a great place to highlight your company, promotions, or express the essence of your brand. Now, the cover photo has gotten even better.In attempt to showcase how important video has become on social media, Facebook is now allowing video cover photos. Yes that’s right, video!!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Videos must be between 20-90 seconds
- Suggested video size: 820 X 312 Pixels
- The video will continue to loop
- The feature is in early stages, but they expect to roll it out to a wider audience soon
How to set up a video cover photo:
- Go to your business page that you want to add a video
- Hover over the camera icon in the right hand corner of the cover photo
- A dropdown will occur, giving you a few options. Option 1: Choose from videos, this will pick out videos that you have posted on your Facebook page in the past or Option 2: Upload Photo or Video, where you can upload a video you have on your computer.
- Once you choose your option and upload the video of your choice, click Next. The video should upload in about 5-10 seconds.
- Then hit publish! You’re all set with a new video cover photo.